Monday 14 March 2011

Tv Portraits.

Tv portraits came from the idea of when people would visit a photographer in their studio and sit still for a period of time. But instead of taking a picture with a old fashioned plate camera and waiting to be developed I decided that Ill make a drawing machine using similar principles. 


The first thing I did was to find an old video camera and connect it up to a monitor, I tried tracing the image off the screen with paper and all I could see was the basic highlights and tonal areas of the face. The next material I tried was tracing paper and this also turned out to do the same as paper. Then I used an acetate sheet which worked and produced the desired effect. As shown below.


The next step I would try would be to colour behind the drawn image with acrylic, this would appear to look like an animation cell.

No comments:

Post a Comment